The 62nd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Friends of the Hospital of St. Cross was held on Wednesday 28th JUNE 2017 commencing at 6.30pm in the Benn Hall, Newbold Road, Rugby.
The key items on the Agenda were
- Guest Speaker The Worshipful Mayor of Rugby – Cllr. Belinda Garcia addressed the meeting.
- Mayor Vote of Thanks to the Mayor - given by Tracey Lennard
- Chairman’s report for 2016 - click here to see the presentation
- Financial Report for 2016 - click here to see the presentation
- Vote of thanks to the Friends on behalf of UHCW NHS Trust was given by Nina Fraser, the Chief Nursing Officer of the UHCW Trust
- The Mayor presented our retiring President with a gift of a framed selections of photos of various occasions during her Presidency and a flower planter and plants.
- Election of President - Mike Rigby was appointed
- Election of Vice Presidents - The Mayor of Rugby, Tony Cousins and Richard Green were appointed as Honorary Vice Presidents
- Election of Trustee Board - The Trustees listed below were duly appointed
- Guest Speaker: Michelle Goodlad, Lead Sleep Physiologist and Dr. Ali Asad, Consultant Respiratory Physician, both of the UHCW NHS Trust gave a presentation regarding the Complex Sleep Studies Project
- Vote of Thanks to the Speakers - was given by Kathryn Lawrence
- Guest Speaker: Kara Marshall, Group Manager, Children’s Outpatients Department and Mrs Supriya Bulchandani - Consultant Urogynaecologist & Clinical Lead for Urogynaecology, both of the UHCW NHS Trust, gave a presentation regarding the new FOCUS service which the Charity has agreed to support
- Guest Speaker: Kara Marshall, Group Manager, Women and Children’s and Dr Karen Mclachlan – Clinical Lead Paediatrics, both of the UHCW NHS Trust, gave a presentation regarding the project to make the Children's Out Patient Department at St Cross more 'child friendly'
- Vote of Thanks to the Speakers - was given by June Witcomb
- Presentation of Awards - The Mayor presented Life Membership Certificates to Dave Proctor, Alan Wiggins and Mrs Janet Empy. Unfortunately neither Mrs Margaret Bowman or Mrs Kath Jones were able to attend the meeting and received their certificates from the Chairman shortly after the meeting
Trustees appointed to serve from 1st July 2017
|Mr Willy Goldschmidt||Chairman* and Communications Lead|
|Mrs June Witcomb||Secretary|
|Mr David Roberts||Treasurer|
|Mr Stan Bird||IT Lead|
|Mrs Doris Froggatt||Collections Co-Ordinator|
|Mrs Chrysanda Gilbert||Help Desk Co-ordinator and Roadshow Lead|
|Mrs Heather Green||Tea Bar Co-ordinator|
|Mr Maurice Cassidy||Purchasing Lead|
|Miss Kathryn Lawrence||Vice Chairperson and Public Fundraising Co-ordination Chairperson|
|Mrs Tracey Lennard||Social Fundraising Team Chairperson|
|Mr Michael Rigby||Recruitment Officer and Governance Lead|
|Mr Ramesh Srivastava||Community and Business Liaison Lead|
* The Chairman was elected in 2016 for a period of 3 years and so this role is not due for election on this occasion