It is amazing how many different ways our supporters choose to raise funds for The Friends!
Here are just a few!
- Holding quizzes, tea parties, coffee mornings, golf days or other social events
- Doing any type of sponsored activity such as runs, swims or daredevil challenges
- Nominating us as their club or company ‘charity of the year’
- Donating prizes for raffles and auctions
- more ideas can be found in our Fundraising Guidelines
We have a dedicated fundraising team which hold a series of social events throughout the year. These are designed to be of interest to wide range of tastes from all walks of life - we see some regulars but just as many different people have come to these events over the years - we especially love to see volunteers and staff from the hospital coming along and enjoying themselves in a social setting.
We also sell second hand books beside the Help Desk in Out Patients on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and from time to time in Clock Towers. There is no fixed price for books - we respectfully ask for a minimum donation of 50p. Donations to supplement our stock are also welcomed at the Help Desk.
Click here to see details of some forthcoming events.